- Springfield City School District
UPDATE: 2021-2022 Voluntary Transfers
March 10, 2021
RE: SCSD Voluntary Transfer Application Process
Thank you for your ongoing support of the SCSD during these unprecedented times. In addition to navigating our way through the end of this school year, we are also in the process of planning for the 2021-22 school year.
Every spring, the SCSD allows for Voluntary Transfer (VT) Application requests to be submitted for consideration.
As we await guidance as it relates to COVID-19 safety protocols in the upcoming school year, the District will extend an automatic application submission to current students with an approved Voluntary Transfer contract for one additional school year.
Students Entering Grades 1 - 6: If your student(s) was approved to attend an elementary building in the SCSD via a Voluntary Transfer for the 2020-21 school year, no further action is needed at this time. Your application has been automatically submitted on your behalf.
Students Entering Grade 7: If your student(s) is transitioning from grade 6 to grade 7, and has a current, approved Voluntary Transfer Contract, additional information is needed at this time. Please email Central Registration at email@example.com with your preferred middle school building request by April 15.
Students Entering Grade 8: If your student(s) was approved to attend a middle school building in the SCSD via a Voluntary Transfer for the 2020-21 school year, no further action is needed at this time. Your application has been automatically submitted on your behalf.
Students Entering Kindergarten: If you have a student entering kindergarten, please notify Central Registration of their sibling(s) 2020-21 approved Voluntary Transfer status. The District will make every effort to keep all siblings in the same building. Kindergarten Registration information details will be shared soon.
All returning applicants will be notified of the District’s decision of your VT request by July 31, 2021.
With the continued uncertainty of building access at this time, NO NEW Voluntary Transfer Applications will be accepted for the 2021-22 school year.
Per the current Voluntary Transfer Contract, the following requirements remain in place for the 2021-22 school year. Any student not complying with the following expectations may be subject to cancelation of their contract.
- Your student may have to be transferred back to his/her home school at any time during the school year, depending on classroom space.
- If your student requires Special Education Services, he/she may be transferred back to the school that provides the appropriate services, if the school requested cannot provide the same.
- Transportation is NOT provided for students attending a building on a Voluntary Transfer.
- All rules, regulations, and policies apply to students to the same extent as they apply to residential students. Students are expected to adhere to all attendance and discipline policies.
- Voluntary Transfers may be revoked if the student is suspended for ten (10) consecutive days or expelled.
If you wish to cancel your Voluntary Transfer Application for the 2021-22 school year, you must notify Central Registration by June 1, 2021 by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Cancellation will result in your student automatically being returned to their home school for the 2021-22 school year.
Again, thank you for your ongoing support.
Director, Community Initiatives