Responsible Reopening Update for January 8, 2021
January 8, 2021
Dear Parents and Guardians:
In the past several weeks, Governor DeWine revised Ohio's PK-12 quarantine guidelines. In the following days, the Ohio Department of Health (ODH) released new guidelines related to the Governor’s order, which they then revised again on January 5.
After meeting with the Clark County Combined Health District, it was determined that guidance from the Governor and the ODH conflicts with the Center for Disease Control (CDC) quarantine guidelines. Therefore, the District will continue to adhere to best practices as prescribed by the CDC.
In an effort to better represent the CDC quarantine guidelines, the SCSD revised our Responsible Reopening Plan and quarantine process flowcharts to align with the recommended best practices.
The revised documents can be accessed below:
In summary, the changes are as follows:
- Students who experienced COVID-19 related symptoms and have been quarantined may return to school if the following conditions are met:
- The individual no longer has a fever (without the use of medicine that reduces fevers); and
- The individual no longer has symptoms; and
- At least ten (10) calendar days have passed since symptoms first appeared; OR
- The individual has received one (1) negative test on day five or after the onset of symptoms.
- At least ten (10) calendar days have passed since exposure and no symptoms have occured.
Thank you for your family's continued patience and flexibility during this time.
Robert F. Hill, Ed.D.