WORK PERMIT APPLICATION PROCESS
- Applications are available at:
Springfield High School
The Registrar's Office
701 East Home Road
Springfield, Ohio 45503
- Or download the application packet before submitting to the Registrar's Office at Springfield High School.
STUDENT/APPLICANT INFORMATION: To be filled out by the student and signed by a parent or guardian.
- If this is your first permit, you must bring a copy of your birth certificate, driver’s license, or state ID. (Student ID is not sufficient)
- You MUST be a full time student in the Springfield City School District.
PLEDGE OF EMPLOYER: To be filled out by the employer.
- Verify that the Days and Hours have been indicated along with the Employer’s Tax ID number.
PHYSICIAN'S APPROVAL: To be completed by a physician or you may bring a copy of a school sports physical, effective within the last calendar year.
NOTE: If you have a current physical and proof of age on file from a previous work permit application, you may skip section 3 of the application.
When all sections are complete, the student or parent submits the application to the Registrar at Springfield High School, 701 East Home Road, Springfield, Ohio 45503. Office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Applications will not be accepted at the Main Office at the High School. Applications must be submitted to the Registrar.
If you are working a summer job that will start after school closes in June, and will terminate before school starts in the fall, no work permit is required; however, your employer may request one. Even though the permit is not required, completion of the Parent/Guardian Consent form, along with proof of age and a statement signed by your parent or guardian consenting to the proposed employment during the summer, is required.
Applications will be available throughout the summer for jobs that will extend past the start of school in the fall.
Any questions concerning State of Ohio Wage and Hour laws or forms, please go to their website at www.ohio.gov