Educators will need to access the Connected Ohio Records for Educators (CORE) system exclusively to renew their licenses, permits or certificates online. Educators can update information and pay licensure fees online.
Getting Started with an Online Application
- Sign into your OH-ID account
- Click on Educator Licensure and Records (CORE)
- On the "UPDATE My Information" page, update your contact information including email address
- Return to the CORE dashboard using the drop-down menu at top right. Then select "RENEW My Credentials".
- At the drop-down menu marked "Action", select Renew, Advance or Transition.
- Complete the three steps of the application. You can save your application and return to it from the "My Applications" section if you want to complete and pay for it on another day.
- Click Apply.
Applicants should select coursework related to classroom teaching and/or area of licensure.
Coursework must be completed at an accredited college or university.
Background checks must be valid before initiating the renewal process.
For tuition reimbursement eligibility, please refer to the appropriate negotiated agreement. Requests must be submitted to HR for pre-approval prior to course start date.