Springfield City School District is proud to offer its full and part time employees a variety of benefits.
For most of our benefits, you have 30 days from your date of eligibility or qualifying event life event to make benefit elections or changes.
Permanent employees, who successfully complete their probationary period, are eligible for benefits. (Please refer to your contract to determine your probationary period)
Benefits begin on the 1st day of the month following your probationary period.
*** Important Days To Remember ***
Whenever you have a Qualifying Event (QE) you have 30 days from the QE date to add or drop a dependent. If this is not done within the 30 day time period, you will be required to wait until the next open enrollment.
Examples of qualifying events include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Change in legal marital status; marriage, divorce, legal separation, annulment, or death of a spouse
- Change in number of dependents; birth, death, adoption, placement for adoption, award of legal guardianship
- A spouse's termination of employment, resulting in loss of coverage
- A court issued Qualified Medical Child Support Order (QMSCO)
- Dependent satisfies or ceases to satisfy eligibility requirement
- You or your spouse are on, or return from an unpaid leave of absence
- A dependent dies
- You gain or lose hours
VSP Vision 1-800-877-7195
Guidance Resources 1-855-387-9727