Springfield City School District is proud to offer its full and part time employees a variety of benefits. For most benefits, employees have 30 days from date of eligibility or a qualifying life event to make benefit elections or changes.
Permanent employees, who successfully complete their probationary period, are eligible for benefits (refer to the appropriate negotiated agreement to determine applicable probationary period). Benefits begin on the 1st day of the month following your probationary period.
Whenever you have a Qualifying Event (QE) you have 30 days from the QE date to add or drop a dependent. If this is not done within the 30 day time period, you will be required to wait until the next open enrollment.
Examples of qualifying events include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Change in legal marital status; marriage, divorce, legal separation, annulment, or death of a spouse
- Change in number of dependents; birth, death, adoption, placement for adoption, award of legal guardianship
- Spouse termination of employment, resulting in loss of coverage
- A court issued Qualified Medical Child Support Order (QMSCO)
- Dependent satisfies or ceases to satisfy eligibility requirements
- Unpaid leave of absence
- Death of a Dependent
- Addition or Loss of employment hours resulting in eligilibity change