ADMISSION OF INTERDISTRICT TRANSFER STUDENTS
The Board permits any student from any other district in the state to apply and enroll in the District schools free of any tuition obligation, provided that all procedures as outlined in the administrative regulations are met. Requirements include:
- application procedures, including deadlines for application and notification to students of acceptance or rejection and the Superintendents of adjacent districts whenever an adjacent district’s student’s application is approved;
- procedures for admission;
- District capacity limits by grade level, school building and educational program are determined;
- resident students and previously enrolled adjacent district students have preference over first-time applicants;
- no requirements of academic, athletic, artistic or any other skill or proficiency;
- no limitations on admitting students with disabilities, unless services required in an IEP are not available in the District;
- no requirement that the student be proficient in the English language;
- no rejection of any applying student because the student has been subject to disciplinary proceedings, except an applicant who has been suspended or expelled by the adjacent district for 10 consecutive days or more in the term for which admission is sought or in the term immediately preceding the term for which admission is sought and
- procedures to ensure maintenance of an appropriate racial balance in the District’s schools.
The District cannot refuse to accept the credits earned by students who have participated in interdistrict open enrollment; neither will the Board adopt a policy that discourages resident students from participating in interdistrict open enrollment.
Students are ineligible for athletics for one year when they transfer from one school district to another without changing residency. There are exceptions to the ineligibility provisions contained in the Ohio High School Athletic Association Bylaws.
700 South Limestone Street
Springfield, Ohio 45505
(937) 505-2973 (fax)
Coordinator of Student Attendance, Safety & Security
Attendance Office Secretary