Springfield City School District is proud to offer its full and part time employees a variety of benefits.
For most of our benefits, you have 30 days from your date of eligibility or qualifying event life event to make benefit elections or changes.
Permanent Employees, who successfully complete their probationary period, are eligible for benefits.
(Please refer to your contract to determine your probationary period)
Benefits begin on the 1st day of the month following your probationary period.
****Important Days To Remember****
Whenever you have a Qualifying Event (QE) you have 30 days from the date of your QE to add or drop a dependent.
Be sure to add your dependent within the 30 days or you will be required to wait until the next open enrollment.
Examples of some qualifying events include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Change in legal marital status – marriage, divorce, legal separation, annulment, or death of a spouse
- Change in number of dependents – birth, death, adoption, placement for adoption, award of legal guardianship
- Your spouse's termination of employment, resulting in loss of coverage
- A court issued Qualified Medical Child Support Order (QMSCO)
- Dependent satisfies or ceases to satisfy eligibility requirement
- You or your spouse of on, or return from, an unpaid leave of absence
- A dependent dies
- You gain or lose hours